Welcome to episode #44! Our guest is a European-based, Australian-born artist, composer, singer and producer. She uses electronic instruments and technology to create and perform masterpieces in real time, and has performed all over the world. She recently delivered a moving TEDx talk titled ‘how to translate the feeling into sound’ and is also a freelance lecturer in Creativity at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Some of the topics we spoke about include:
- The various experiences of the composer versus the listener
- The best tools she recommends for those wanting to experiment with electronic instruments
- Her cover of Outkast’s 'Hey Ya' thats surpassed well over 2.5 million views
- The time she took the plunge at 24 years old to live in Europe and the journey that followed dedicating everything to her art
- And the process of simultaneously performing while envisioning the composition ahead of time.
I present to you, the stunning, soulful and exceptionally talented ... Rachel Claudio!
More on Rachel Claudio can be found via the links below:
Rachel's Facebook: click here
Rachel's Twitter: @RachelClaudio
Rachel's Instagram: @Claudiography
TEDx Perth Talk: click here
Full version of 'The Saddest ‘Hey Ya’ You’ll Ever Hear': click here
Rachel's Soundcloud: click here
Ableton Live music software: https://www.ableton.com/en/live
If you haven’t already, I invite you to sign up for the mailing list, where you get occasional emails from me on new episodes, articles and events.